NORWALK, Conn. – Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- The Brewhouse Restaurant in South Norwalk closed its doors for good on Sunday after nearly 20 years in business.
- Norwalk Hospital welcomed its first baby of 2015 . Ella Natasha Amaya-Rodriguez was born at 3:32 a.m. on New Year’s Day.
- Copper pipes and equipment were reported stolen from a house under construction on Williams Street on Dec. 30.
- Norwalk will receive $5.6 million in state grants for work at Washington Village and repairs to the Route 136 bridge over the harbor as part of efforts to restore and strengthen infrastructure impacted by Superstorm Sandy.
- The 1 percent fare hike on Metro-North's New Haven Line took place Jan. 1.
- Doug Hempstead of Norwalk took part in Westport’s eighth annual Polar Plunge on New Year’s Day.
- Connecticut’s minimum wage increased to $9.15 per hour on Jan. 1.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.