NORWALK, Conn. – An undisclosed number of residents on Silvermine Avenue experienced property damage following the break of an 18-inch water main early Sunday morning, according to South Norwalk Electric and Water.
As a result of the break, which has been repaired, a portion of Silvermine Avenue from Comstock Hill Road to Belair Road will be closed Monday and part of Tuesday, said SNEW General Manager John Hiscock in a statement. The road is closed because the pavement needs to be replaced.
No residents were without water Sunday, but SNEW crews were on the scene for about 24 hours from 7 a.m. Sunday to 7 a.m. Monday.
The broken water main is one of two lines that brings water from SNEW’s Wilton filtration plant to Norwalk’s distribution system.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport