NORWALK, Conn. – An undisclosed number of residents on Silvermine Avenue experienced property damage following the break of an 18-inch water main early Sunday morning, according to South Norwalk Electric and Water.
As a result of the break, which has been repaired, a portion of Silvermine Avenue from Comstock Hill Road to Belair Road will be closed Monday and part of Tuesday, said SNEW General Manager John Hiscock in a statement. The road is closed because the pavement needs to be replaced.
No residents were without water Sunday, but SNEW crews were on the scene for about 24 hours from 7 a.m. Sunday to 7 a.m. Monday.
The broken water main is one of two lines that brings water from SNEW’s Wilton filtration plant to Norwalk’s distribution system.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival