NORWALK, Conn. – An undisclosed number of residents on Silvermine Avenue experienced property damage following the break of an 18-inch water main early Sunday morning, according to South Norwalk Electric and Water.
As a result of the break, which has been repaired, a portion of Silvermine Avenue from Comstock Hill Road to Belair Road will be closed Monday and part of Tuesday, said SNEW General Manager John Hiscock in a statement. The road is closed because the pavement needs to be replaced.
No residents were without water Sunday, but SNEW crews were on the scene for about 24 hours from 7 a.m. Sunday to 7 a.m. Monday.
The broken water main is one of two lines that brings water from SNEW’s Wilton filtration plant to Norwalk’s distribution system.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury