FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Traffic data collector Inrix confirmed what Fairfield County residents already know: the Bridgeport area has some of the worst traffic in the country.
Bridgeport ranked fifth on Inrix’s list of “The 10 Worst Traffic Cities in the U.S.” this week, The Weather Channel reports. The traffic monitoring company based its list on the average time spent commuting per year for residents in the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the country.
Drivers in the Bridgeport area spent an average of 42 hours sitting in traffic in 2011, the survey said. The worst time to be on highways near Bridgeport was Friday evening between 5:30-5:45 p.m. Honolulu ranked No. 1 with an average time of 58 hours wasted in traffic.
See the full list at The Weather Channel website.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street