FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Traffic data collector Inrix confirmed what Fairfield County residents already know: the Bridgeport area has some of the worst traffic in the country.
Bridgeport ranked fifth on Inrix’s list of “The 10 Worst Traffic Cities in the U.S.” this week, The Weather Channel reports. The traffic monitoring company based its list on the average time spent commuting per year for residents in the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the country.
Drivers in the Bridgeport area spent an average of 42 hours sitting in traffic in 2011, the survey said. The worst time to be on highways near Bridgeport was Friday evening between 5:30-5:45 p.m. Honolulu ranked No. 1 with an average time of 58 hours wasted in traffic.
See the full list at The Weather Channel website.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport