NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk this week:
- Nesken Basquiat, 26, of Miramar, Fla. and Eliezer Gabriel, 26, of Stamford were arrested after a bar fight in Norwalk involving dozens of people in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
- Near blizzard conditions brought about seven inches of snow and single-digit temperatures to Norwalk on Thursday into Friday.
- The Norwalk Youth Basketball Association fifth and sixth grade team won titles in the Wakeman Center’s second annual Holiday Hoop Fest in Fairfield.
- A Ridgefield man Vyacheslav Cherepov, 26, was arrested in connection with a hit-and-run accident in a Greenwich parking lot that killed 21-year-old Meghan Beebe.
- Westport police believe Annette White, the woman who was found dead in the Saugatuck River, had been hit by a Metro-North train while crossing the railroad bridge over the river.
- A Stamford man was charged with breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s Norwalk home at Strawberry Hill Avenue.
A New Mexico man was arrested on drug and weapons charges after a traffic stop in Norwalk.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk High Administrator Moves To Lead Stamford High After Scandal