NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk this week:
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Vamond “Wooley King” Elmore, 37, in connection with the May 15 in the shooting death of Jimmy Martinez, 43, on Leonard Street in Norwalk. Elmore, who is wanted on murder charges, is considered armed and dangerous.
- The body of Norwalk resident Mauro Godinez Pineda, 40, who went missing after his canoe flipped over Memorial Day in Long Island Sound, was found.
- Ninety-three-year-old Wojciech Piekos was found safe in Florida after he went missing from a Norwalk home belonging to family members.
- A Norwalk man was injured when he was pinned by his lawn tractor after tumbling down a hill while moving logs.
- Norwalk resident Jamie Young, 26, is facing numerous charges in connection with incidents at Norwalk Hospital and at police headquarters, where officers had to use a Taser to subdue him.
- Train service was disrupted through all of Connecticut on Thursday morning after the Walk Bridge in Norwalk was stuck opening for more than four hours.
- Demolition work is slated to begin this summer as the development project at Wall Street Place gets underway in Norwalk. The planned $43.5 million development will have 101 residential units and 16,000 square feet of retail space.
- A Weston man pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in a crash in September in Norwalk that killed his friend, who was a passenger in his Porsche.
- Norwalk native Cameron Wilson, a graduate of St. Luke's School in New Canaan, joined elite company on as he became the first Stanford University student since Tiger Woods to win the NCAA Division I men's golf individual championship.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 4 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital