NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk this week:
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Vamond “Wooley King” Elmore, 37 , in connection with the May 15 in the shooting death of Jimmy Martinez, 43, on Leonard Street in Norwalk. Elmore, who is wanted on murder charges, is considered armed and dangerous.
- The body of Norwalk resident Mauro Godinez Pineda, 40, who went missing after his canoe flipped over Memorial Day in Long Island Sound, was found .
- Ninety-three-year-old Wojciech Piekos was found safe in Florida after he went missing from a Norwalk home belonging to family members.
- A Norwalk man was injured when he was pinned by his lawn tractor after tumbling down a hill while moving logs.
- Norwalk resident Jamie Young, 26, is facing numerous charges in connection with incidents at Norwalk Hospital and at police headquarters, where officers had to use a Taser to subdue him.
- Train service was disrupted through all of Connecticut on Thursday morning after the Walk Bridge in Norwalk was stuck opening for more than four hours.
- Demolition work is slated to begin this summer as the development project at Wall Street Place gets underway in Norwalk. The planned $43.5 million development will have 101 residential units and 16,000 square feet of retail space.
- A Weston man pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in a crash in September in Norwalk that killed his friend, who was a passenger in his Porsche.
- Norwalk native Cameron Wilson, a graduate of St. Luke's School in New Canaan, joined elite company on as he became the first Stanford University student since Tiger Woods to win the NCAA Division I men's golf individual championship.