NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- A police standoff ended as Norwalk officers entered a home at 159 West Rocks Road and removed a man threatening to harm himself .
New Canaan Public Works Department employee Benjamin Olmstead, 71, of Norwalk was struck by a vehicle driven by Francesco Sorge, 60, of Norwalk while he was working. He died of his injuries a day later in Norwalk Hospital.
- Vamond Elmore, 37, suspect in the May murder of a Norwalk man, was shot and killed by U.S. Marshals in South Carolina during a confrontation outside a hotel.
- Norwalk resident Abraxas J. Discala, former husband of "The Sopranos" star Jamie-Lynn Sigler, was charged in a $300 million penny stock scheme .
- After a career-ending hand injury brought Peter Tucci’s professional baseball career to an end, he has honed his bat-making skills during the last five years to build a successful company Tucci Lumber , that supplies bats to Major League Baseball players.
- Downtown New Canaan was turned into a pedestrian mall as hundreds of shoppers flocked to take advantage of special deals at New Canaan's village fair and sidewalk sale .
- Deion Whitehead, Patrick Elmore and David Shavers were arrested following an investigation into the sale of heroin in Norwalk .
- A Norwalk man, Isaiah Gary, 32, who tried to climb onto the roof of a hotel to elude arrest, was charged with robbing the First County Bank on Westport Avenue.
- A Norwalk man, William Cyrta, 54, was arrested after he claimed to have dead bodies in the trunk of his car and then locked himself in his house.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.