NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- Janet Villafane, a 27-year-old Norwalk resident, was arrested after leaving her two young children in a hot parked car outside an eyeglass store on Connecticut Avenue. The children were not harmed.
- Pop singer Ashlee Simpson and actor Evan Ross got married , reciting their vows in a star-studded ceremony at the Greenwich home of the groom's mother, Diana Ross.
- Norwalk celebrates the annual Oyster Festival all this weekend, featuring music, rides, games and more in one of the biggest events held in Fairfield County.
- Monty Dorn Kaufman of Weston, who co-owned Puppies of Westport in Norwalk, died at age of 61.
- A Norwalk man has been charged with the October 2013 burglary of a liquor store after he was identified through blood left at the crime scene when a window and liquor bottles were smashed.
- Norwalk police arrested and charged 61-year-old Linda Williams-Paulin with assault on a peace officer after she refused to let police and firefighters into her apartment after a fire , police said.
- Roylee Nixon, 36, of New Haven was charged with robbing a man on a street in Norwalk.
- A Stamford woman was sentenced to six months in prison for killing two men on I-95 while she was driving drunk after a night out in Norwalk in 2010.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.