NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- A Norwalk man Brian Healy, 37, was arrested after he was accused of leaving his infant daughter alone in a car in a store parking lot.
- Monique Hodge, 42, who was wanted by Norwalk police in connection with a stabbing in November 2013, was arrested in North Carolina and returned to Norwalk for a court appearance.
- Peter C. Handrinos of Norwalk, a sports writer, died at the age of 42.
- Bill Dunne, a Republican candidate for state Senate from Norwalk and Darien, is speaking out against a proposed rate increase by Connecticut Light & Power.
- Student drawings will be featured as part of an international children’s art gallery at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk until Labor Day.
- Miguel Gonzalez, a 57-year-old Norwalk man, was charged with threatening a mother and her children with a BB gun.
- The U.S. 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the police departments in Easton, Darien, Wilton, Monroe and Trumbull can be sued over a 2008 police drug raid at a home in Easton that left a Norwalk man Gonzalo Guizan, 33, dead and the homeowner Ronald Terebesi injured.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 5 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut