NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- A police standoff ended as Norwalk officers entered a home at 159 West Rocks Road and removed a man threatening to harm himself.
New Canaan Public Works Department employee Benjamin Olmstead, 71, of Norwalk was struck by a vehicle driven by Francesco Sorge, 60, of Norwalk while he was working. He died of his injuries a day later in Norwalk Hospital.
- Vamond Elmore, 37, suspect in the May murder of a Norwalk man, was shot and killed by U.S. Marshals in South Carolina during a confrontation outside a hotel.
- Norwalk resident Abraxas J. Discala, former husband of "The Sopranos" star Jamie-Lynn Sigler, was charged in a $300 million penny stock scheme.
- After a career-ending hand injury brought Peter Tucci’s professional baseball career to an end, he has honed his bat-making skills during the last five years to build a successful company Tucci Lumber, that supplies bats to Major League Baseball players.
- Downtown New Canaan was turned into a pedestrian mall as hundreds of shoppers flocked to take advantage of special deals at New Canaan's village fair and sidewalk sale.
- Deion Whitehead, Patrick Elmore and David Shavers were arrested following an investigation into the sale of heroin in Norwalk.
- A Norwalk man, Isaiah Gary, 32, who tried to climb onto the roof of a hotel to elude arrest, was charged with robbing the First County Bank on Westport Avenue.
- A Norwalk man, William Cyrta, 54, was arrested after he claimed to have dead bodies in the trunk of his car and then locked himself in his house.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured