Update: STAMFORD, Conn. -- The accident has been cleared, DOT said.
Original story: STAMFORD, Conn. – Friday’s morning rush hour traffic turned slow on the southbound Merritt Parkway in Stamford due to an accident between Exit 37 and Exit 36.
The two-car accident occurred around 7:51 a.m. The left lane was blocked. The Connecticut Department of Transportation said the duration of the jam was not known as of 8 a.m.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare