FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Two unrelated cases of measles have been confirmed in Fairfield County, according to ctnews.com.
One of the reported cases in Fairfield County is an adult, while the other is an infant. State Department of Public Health officials have not revealed the source of the outbreak in either case or the hometowns of the patients, ctnews.com reported.
Measles is a highly contagious illness with symptoms that include: fever, rashes, diarrhea, coughing fits and a runny nose. Other cases of the illness have been reported in surrounding states as well, ctnews.com said.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk