FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Two unrelated cases of measles have been confirmed in Fairfield County, according to ctnews.com.
One of the reported cases in Fairfield County is an adult, while the other is an infant. State Department of Public Health officials have not revealed the source of the outbreak in either case or the hometowns of the patients, ctnews.com reported.
Measles is a highly contagious illness with symptoms that include: fever, rashes, diarrhea, coughing fits and a runny nose. Other cases of the illness have been reported in surrounding states as well, ctnews.com said.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk