FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Two unrelated cases of measles have been confirmed in Fairfield County, according to ctnews.com.
One of the reported cases in Fairfield County is an adult, while the other is an infant. State Department of Public Health officials have not revealed the source of the outbreak in either case or the hometowns of the patients, ctnews.com reported.
Measles is a highly contagious illness with symptoms that include: fever, rashes, diarrhea, coughing fits and a runny nose. Other cases of the illness have been reported in surrounding states as well, ctnews.com said.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured