FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Two unrelated cases of measles have been confirmed in Fairfield County, according to ctnews.com.
One of the reported cases in Fairfield County is an adult, while the other is an infant. State Department of Public Health officials have not revealed the source of the outbreak in either case or the hometowns of the patients, ctnews.com reported.
Measles is a highly contagious illness with symptoms that include: fever, rashes, diarrhea, coughing fits and a runny nose. Other cases of the illness have been reported in surrounding states as well, ctnews.com said.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say