NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- Norwalk High School senior Brody O’Brien was named the 2014 recipient of the prestigious $100,000 Kevin M. Eidt Memorial Scholarship.
- The Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a hot car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed that they are investigating the death.
- John Drozdzynski, 20, of Norwalk, was Tasered twice and arrested after causing a disturbance at Dunkin' Donuts.
- A 17-year-old Stamford resident found hiding under a porch in New Canaan was arrested after a pre-dawn search for suspects in a stolen car case that included officers and K9 dogs from Norwalk and Stamford.
- Norwalk police arrested two men -- Kevin Banegas-Gomez, 18, and Rolando Garcia-Navarro, 24, both of Bridgeport -- after a late-night search through a wooded area near Route 7 and are searching for a third suspect after a couple reported being robbed at an ATM.
Two Norwalk residents -- Eric Spielman, 22, and Robin Williams, 53 -- were arrested after they bought heroin in Bridgeport and intended to distribute it in Norwalk, police said.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 3 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller