NORWALK, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Norwalk last week:
- Norwalk High School senior Brody O’Brien was named the 2014 recipient of the prestigious $100,000 Kevin M. Eidt Memorial Scholarship.
- The Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a hot car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed that they are investigating the death.
- John Drozdzynski, 20, of Norwalk, was Tasered twice and arrested after causing a disturbance at Dunkin' Donuts.
- A 17-year-old Stamford resident found hiding under a porch in New Canaan was arrested after a pre-dawn search for suspects in a stolen car case that included officers and K9 dogs from Norwalk and Stamford.
- Norwalk police arrested two men -- Kevin Banegas-Gomez, 18, and Rolando Garcia-Navarro, 24, both of Bridgeport -- after a late-night search through a wooded area near Route 7 and are searching for a third suspect after a couple reported being robbed at an ATM.
- Two Norwalk residents -- Eric Spielman, 22, and Robin Williams, 53 -- were arrested after they bought heroin in Bridgeport and intended to distribute it in Norwalk, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.