NORWALK, Conn. — To help graduates find jobs, the Western Connecticut State University Alumni Association has launched a series of networking opportunities, called WesterNetwork, so alumni can strengthen ties to their alma mater and to each other in a relaxed, social environment.
The next WesterNetwork event will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The Loft, 97 Washington St, South Norwalk. The gathering will feature free hors d’oeuvres and will be free and open to WCSU alumni.
University faculty, academic deans and President James Schmotter will mingle with alumni and discuss the ongoing challenges of work-life balance and how to capitalize on relationships fostered at Western.
“Over the years, alumni have expressed a desire for a closer relationship with WCSU,” said Director of Alumni Relations Tammy Hammershoy in a statement. “But, it can be very difficult to balance work, home and family responsibilities along with the desire to maintain a relationship with one’s alma mater. This is why we've decided to bring news of the university to the areas in which our alumni work and live. We want to make it easier for our alumni to learn what’s happening at Western and allow them to provide feedback.”
For reservations, call 203-837-8298.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk