NORWALK, Conn. -- Slant of Light Productions is set to host auditions for a play reading in Norwalk.
The Milford-based nonprofit theater company is holding auditions by appointment at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 5, and 4 p.m. Friday, March 7. The auditions will be for a play reading as part of the organization’s New Play Reading Series.
The upcoming reading is the second in a monthly series highlighting the works of local writers that have not yet been produced or published. The series will showcase playwright Stacey Lane’s “Trappings,” a comedy about two women attempting to make their lives more interesting before their high school reunion.
Slant of Light seeks three individuals to fill the roles of Drina Dynasty (a platinum-haired socialite in her late 50s), Midge Mobley (a fidgety, overweight 29-year-old) and Meredith Mull (a gangly 28-year-old with thick glasses). Auditions will be held at the Talent Education Suzuki School in Norwalk at 112 Main St. in Norwalk.
Those interested in auditioning are asked to send a headshot, resume and preferred audition date to Executive Director Stacy Ruttenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performances for “Trappings” are 7 p.m Friday, March 28, at and 5 p.m. Saturday, March 29, at the Talent Education Suzuki School. For more information about this series, visit the Slant of Light Productions website or email email@example.com.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced