NORWALK, Conn. – Marketing executive Terri Knight has been named to the board of directors of Child Advocates of Connecticut, the group announced Thursday.
Knight, who lives in Norwalk with her husband and three children, has a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a master's of business administration and a master’s in marriage and family therapy. She also is a former board member of the Norwalk Homeless Shelter and has been a trustee and president of the Parent’s Association of the Convent of the Sacred Heart in Greenwich.
She said in a statement she is “extremely honored and excited” about her new appointment. Knight also has been a marriage and family therapist in Fairfield for two years.
“The CAC board is a dedicated group of individuals committed to advocating for youth who have been abused and /or neglected,” Knight said. “I’m looking forward to integrating my business and family therapy background with the goals of the board to advocate for those affected by these unfortunate circumstances. I am also interested in ensuring that these youths’ priorities in education, mental health and the legal system are maximized.”
Currently, Knight is the vice president of the marketing research company The K Group, and she has worked in sales and marketing for Corning Glass Works and consumer marketing for Avon Products.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report