NORWALK, Conn. – Marketing executive Terri Knight has been named to the board of directors of Child Advocates of Connecticut, the group announced Thursday.
Knight, who lives in Norwalk with her husband and three children, has a bachelor’s degree in psychology, a master's of business administration and a master’s in marriage and family therapy. She also is a former board member of the Norwalk Homeless Shelter and has been a trustee and president of the Parent’s Association of the Convent of the Sacred Heart in Greenwich.
She said in a statement she is “extremely honored and excited” about her new appointment. Knight also has been a marriage and family therapist in Fairfield for two years.
“The CAC board is a dedicated group of individuals committed to advocating for youth who have been abused and /or neglected,” Knight said. “I’m looking forward to integrating my business and family therapy background with the goals of the board to advocate for those affected by these unfortunate circumstances. I am also interested in ensuring that these youths’ priorities in education, mental health and the legal system are maximized.”
Currently, Knight is the vice president of the marketing research company The K Group, and she has worked in sales and marketing for Corning Glass Works and consumer marketing for Avon Products.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured