NORWALK, Conn. -- The American Red Cross and VolunteerSquare will offer a Disaster Training Boot Camp at the Norwalk Fire Department on Saturday, May 10, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The orientation and training that will be offered will provide an introduction to Red Cross disaster response and equip volunteers with basic skills to staff shelters, help and help with mass care tasks such as food preparation and distribution.
As volunteers become more involved with the organization, there are opportunities to work in different areas and to take on increasing levels of responsibility.
From major disasters like Superstorm Sandy or Tropical Storm Irene to residential house fires, the Red Cross responds to more than 500 incidents each year.
The Norwalk Fire Department is located at 121 Connecticut Ave.
- 1 Dr. Eugene M. Lipira, 65, Member, Soundview Medical Associates In Norwalk
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 5 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts