NORWALK, Conn. -- The American Red Cross and VolunteerSquare will offer a Disaster Training Boot Camp at the Norwalk Fire Department on Saturday, May 10, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The orientation and training that will be offered will provide an introduction to Red Cross disaster response and equip volunteers with basic skills to staff shelters, help and help with mass care tasks such as food preparation and distribution.
As volunteers become more involved with the organization, there are opportunities to work in different areas and to take on increasing levels of responsibility.
From major disasters like Superstorm Sandy or Tropical Storm Irene to residential house fires, the Red Cross responds to more than 500 incidents each year.
The Norwalk Fire Department is located at 121 Connecticut Ave.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say