NORWALK, Conn. -- A fundraising page set up for the Norwalk family who lost their Sheridan Street home in a fire Friday has already collected more than $14,000.
Justin and Rosanna Lockwood and their 19-month-old son were forced out of their home after a fire was reported on Jan. 31 at 2:30 a.m.
"They have lived in Norwalk/Rowayton their whole lives," said Sarah Whitman, who set up the page. "The fire started in the basement and the family only had enough time to get out of the house with the clothes on their backs They lost everything in the house, clothes, food, money, their cars and their beloved Westie . Any donations would be amazing and greatly appreciated."
When firefighters arrived, the blaze had already spread to the two floors of the house and had begun to ignite the cars parked in the driveway, Deputy Fire Chief Chris King said.
The Lockwoods were not injured, but they lost their dog, Westie, in the fire, according to the fundraising page.
A downed power line also created problems for firefighters at the scene, but the blaze was under control by 3:30 a.m. Friday. Firefighters stayed on the scene until 6 a.m. to make sure the fire did not reignite.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family with emergency housing, food and clothing needs, it reported on its website.
"The support our family is receiving is incredible," Alexandra Lockwood commented on the fundraiser page. "We are truly thankful. [There] are no words." Justin Lockwood is self-employed.
The family set a goal of $20,000 on the site.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk