NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Symphony Orchestra is set to present the Family Concert "Saint-Saens’ Carnival of the Animals."
The event is set to begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, with Music with the Maestro, and the show starting at 3 p.m. at Norwalk Concert Hall.
The concert promises to feature Music Director and Conductor Jonathan Yates, the Norwalk Symphony Orchestra Principal Orchestra, performances by NYS Philharmonia Strings, Conductor Jessica McNamara and pianist Gita Abhiriman, a senior at New Canaan High School.
"Following up on its massively successful Family Concert of last season, featuring 'Peter and The Wolf,' this year the Norwalk Symphony will present another of the most beloved musical works for families," NYS representatives said.
"There’s a twist this year though; our conductor, Jonathan, will conduct 'Carnival' from the piano, and be joined by last year’s NSO Concerto Competition winner, Gita Abhiriman for the other virtuoso piano part. Like last year, the concert will include a Side-by-Side performance with the Norwalk Youth Symphony so as to inspire the young audience members to want to play instruments, too."
The event will also feature the second annual Norwalk Symphony Concerto Competition. Local dance company and school Ballet Études will also provide a special dance for the show.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued