NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Mayor Richard Moccia is asking that residents join all those around the state in observing a moment of silence Friday morning in honor of the victim’s of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
Moccia and other city officials will observe the moment of silence at 9:30 a.m. in the atrium of City Hall, 125 East Ave.
Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy called for the moment of silence and wrote to the other 49 governors in the United States to join Connecticut in the silent tribute.
Following the observance, church bells around the state will also chime 26 times, one ring for each victim.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare