NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Mayor Richard Moccia is asking that residents join all those around the state in observing a moment of silence Friday morning in honor of the victim’s of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
Moccia and other city officials will observe the moment of silence at 9:30 a.m. in the atrium of City Hall, 125 East Ave.
Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy called for the moment of silence and wrote to the other 49 governors in the United States to join Connecticut in the silent tribute.
Following the observance, church bells around the state will also chime 26 times, one ring for each victim.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death