NORWALK, Conn. -- The Interdenominational Ministers Fellowship of Norwalk and Vicinity is holding its annual two-day celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The events will bring residents together to hear encouraging words and listen to uplifting music. They are free and open to the public.
Sunday’s observance will be held at Calvary Baptist Church, located at 21 Concord St. in Norwalk, at 7 p.m. Guest speaker the Rev. Carl McCluster from Shiloh Baptist Church in Bridgeport will lead the service.
Music will be provided by the group Basic featuring Hughie Askew. Offerings collected during the service will go toward supporting the group's Scholarship Fund.
Monday’s memorial program will be held at City Hall in the Concert Hall on 125 East Ave., Norwalk.
Starting at 7 p.m., the Rev. Dr. Robert W. Perry from Union Baptist Church in Stamford will speak about King. Music will be provided by the IMF/MLK Concert Choir.
The Interdenominational Ministers Fellowship of Norwalk and Vicinity is a network of religious leaders seeking to provide spiritual, social and educational benefits to the community.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk