NORWALK, Conn. -- The Interdenominational Ministers Fellowship of Norwalk and Vicinity is holding its annual two-day celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The events will bring residents together to hear encouraging words and listen to uplifting music. They are free and open to the public.
Sunday’s observance will be held at Calvary Baptist Church, located at 21 Concord St. in Norwalk, at 7 p.m. Guest speaker the Rev. Carl McCluster from Shiloh Baptist Church in Bridgeport will lead the service.
Music will be provided by the group Basic featuring Hughie Askew. Offerings collected during the service will go toward supporting the group's Scholarship Fund.
Monday’s memorial program will be held at City Hall in the Concert Hall on 125 East Ave., Norwalk.
Starting at 7 p.m., the Rev. Dr. Robert W. Perry from Union Baptist Church in Stamford will speak about King. Music will be provided by the IMF/MLK Concert Choir.
The Interdenominational Ministers Fellowship of Norwalk and Vicinity is a network of religious leaders seeking to provide spiritual, social and educational benefits to the community.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 3 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With DUI In May Crash
- 4 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk