NORWALK, Conn. -- To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the ordination of the Rev. Justin Russolillo, founder of the Vocationist Order of Priests (Society of the Divine Mercy), many members of St. Matthew Parish in Norwalk traveled to Brooklyn, N.Y., last month to visit Our Lady of Solace parish on Coney Island for the occasion.
Members of Knights of Columbus St. Matthew Council 14360/Bishop Fenwick Assembly 100 traveled along with many members of the parish family of St. Matthew in Norwalk.
The order also oversees Our Lady of Solace, including the Rev. Armando Palmieri, the pastor at Our Lady of Solace. The brother Knights formed an honor guard for the Mass, with principal celebrant Bishop Nicholas DeMarzio of Brooklyn.
The friendship began when St. Matthew Parish and Knights of Columbus Council 14360 reached out to help Our Lady of Solace when Superstorm Sandy hit the tristate area in October 2012.
That connection started a friendship that will endure far beyond the damage incurred from the storm.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Norwalk Teen Reports He Was Robbed On East Avenue
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 Norwalk Police Warn Residents Of Lottery Scam