NORWALK, Conn. – Curious about who’s going to win Sunday's Super Bowl between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers? Look no further than Orange, a 30-year-old harbor seal at the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk for the inside scoop.
The aquarium is asking Orange to predict the winner by placing Ravens and Niners items in her tank and letting the trained harbor seal pick one of the teams. The team she picks twice out of three chances will be her "selection."
Orange will make her choice Friday at 11:45 a.m., which leaves plenty of time for the adventurous to make a wager on the game (the Niners are a three-and-a-half-point favorite in the game).
The selection will occur during Orange’s first feeding, which will be handled by aquarists Vicki Sawyer and Evelia Rivera.
Orange, who weighs 165 pounds, was born in 1982 and stranded in New England, according to the aquarium.
She was rehabilitated at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, and lived at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago from 1991 to 2005. She has been at the Maritime Aquarium since 2005.
- 1 Dr. Eugene M. Lipira, 65, Member, Soundview Medical Associates In Norwalk
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 5 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts