NORWALK, Conn. -- Latinos Unidos de Connecticut celebrated Easter in the park in South Norwalk.
The event drew dozens of kids and their families to South Norwalk's Ryan Park on Sunday, April 20. The celebration included face painting, egg painting, bowling, hula hoops, a piñata and an egg hunt at Ryan Park.
“We were extremely happy with the turn out and how much the children enjoyed themselves”, said Interim Vice President Gabriela Perelli in a press release. "We would like to thank Officer Hector Delgado and the NPD, all the volunteers of LUC, St. Joseph Church and SoNoCC for their collaboration. The use of Ryan Park was vital to the success of our hunt, so we’d also like to thank Parks & Recs Director Mike Mocciae."
The Easter celebration was the second event from Latino Unidos de Connecticut in a few months.
“I am really impressed with the work LUC is doing," said SoNoCC Board Chair, Warren A. Peña. “In just a few short months, they are having a positive impact that has been very well received by the Latino Community."
LUC is an organization that began under the umbrella of SoNoCC to help organize the Latino Community.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report