NORWALK, Conn. -- Latinos Unidos de Connecticut celebrated Easter in the park in South Norwalk.
The event drew dozens of kids and their families to South Norwalk's Ryan Park on Sunday, April 20. The celebration included face painting, egg painting, bowling, hula hoops, a piñata and an egg hunt at Ryan Park.
“We were extremely happy with the turn out and how much the children enjoyed themselves”, said Interim Vice President Gabriela Perelli in a press release. "We would like to thank Officer Hector Delgado and the NPD, all the volunteers of LUC, St. Joseph Church and SoNoCC for their collaboration. The use of Ryan Park was vital to the success of our hunt, so we’d also like to thank Parks & Recs Director Mike Mocciae."
The Easter celebration was the second event from Latino Unidos de Connecticut in a few months.
“I am really impressed with the work LUC is doing," said SoNoCC Board Chair, Warren A. Peña. “In just a few short months, they are having a positive impact that has been very well received by the Latino Community."
LUC is an organization that began under the umbrella of SoNoCC to help organize the Latino Community.
- 1 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint