Have you got a nice prom dress around? If you'd like to help a teenager in need, you might donate it to Christian Community Action, Norwalk.
CCA is teaming with the Norwalk YMCA to distribute prom dresses to needy high school girls from Norwalk, New Canaan, Weston, Westport and Wilton at the 3rd annual Prom Dress Extravaganza on April 9. Cleaned dresses (shoes and bags are also welcome) can be dropped off during regular business hours at the Human Services Council Building located at 1 Park St. in Norwalk. Or you can take them to the Norwalk Y from 2 to 8 p.m. Friday. The Y is located at 370 West Ave.
The dresses will be distributed for free to students from low- and moderate-income families from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, at the Y.
Also participating in the drive are the New Canaan High School Fashion Show Committee, Darien High School, Staples High School, and Weston High School. For more information, call Christi Pope at (203) 899-2487.
Has your daughter got the prom on her mind? Comment below!
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts