NORWALK, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Norwalk’s Scott Sharp!
Sharp, who has owned a home in Norwalk, turns 46 on Friday. The race car driver was born Feb. 14, 1968, in Norwalk.
He started racing karts when he was only 8, winning 50 out of 75 races. Sharp came from a road-racing background and earned several championships including: 1986 SCCA GT-2, 1987 and 1988 SCCA GT-1, and 1991 and 1993 SCCA Trans-Am.
He competed in one NASCAR Winston Cup Series (now Sprint Cup) event, in 1992 at Watkins Glen, N.Y.
In 1993, he made his CART debut with Bettenhausen Motorsports and became a full-time competitor in the series in 1994 with PacWest Racing.
He is best known for his years as a competitor in the Indy Racing League. His first Indianapolis 500 start also came in 1994. Later he returned to the series and competed in the 2009 Indianapolis 500 with Panther Racing.
He joined the American Le Mans Series with Highcroft Racing during the 2008, and his stellar driving won him SPEEDtv.com’s Drive of the Race.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest