NORWALK, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Norwalk’s Luke Vercollone!
Luke Vercollone, who has owned a home in Norwalk, turns 32 on Friday. The soccer player was born April 4, 1982, in Norwalk.
Vercollone played college soccer for Seton Hall and was named to the All-Big East first team during his senior season, finishing his career with 11 goals and 24 assists.
He also played for the Cape Cod Crusaders of the USL Premier Development League, helping the team to consecutive PDL Championship titles in 2002 and 2003.
He was drafted 42nd overall in the 2004 MLS Super Draft by the Columbus Crew.
On April 10, 2006, he joined the Charleston Battery for the 2006 USL First Division season. In two seasons with the Battery, he made 66 appearances, scoring three goals and six assists for 12 points overall.
In January 2008, he signed for the Richmond Kickers of the USL Second Division and was part of the Kickers team that won the 2009 USL Second Division championship.
He re-signed for a fourth season with Richmond on Nov. 10, 2010, and currently plays for Richmond Kickers in the USL Professional Division.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Fighting Officer During Drug Arrest
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Police: Norwalk Man Smashed Hospital Door While Drunk
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 5 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island