NORWALK, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Norwalk’s Erik Bedard!
Érik Joseph Bédard, who has owned a home in Norwalk, turns 35 on Thursday. The baseball pitcher was born March 6, 1979, in Navan, Ontario.
Bedard began his baseball career in the Orleans Little League and the Ontario Baseball Association. He was a pitcher on the 1992 Orleans Junior Red Sox team which beat Glace Bay in the 1992 Canadian Championship.
As a left-handed starter, he pitched four seasons with the Baltimore Orioles and also pitched for Seattle Mariners, Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates and Houston Astros. With Baltimore, he was the staff ace, setting the franchise single-season strikeouts per nine innings record at 10.93 in 2007.
In February 8, 2008, he was traded to the Seattle Mariners.
On February 17, 2014, he signed a minor league contract with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters