NORWALK, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Norwalk’s Erik Bedard!
Érik Joseph Bédard, who has owned a home in Norwalk, turns 35 on Thursday. The baseball pitcher was born March 6, 1979, in Navan, Ontario.
Bedard began his baseball career in the Orleans Little League and the Ontario Baseball Association. He was a pitcher on the 1992 Orleans Junior Red Sox team which beat Glace Bay in the 1992 Canadian Championship.
As a left-handed starter, he pitched four seasons with the Baltimore Orioles and also pitched for Seattle Mariners, Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Pirates and Houston Astros. With Baltimore, he was the staff ace, setting the franchise single-season strikeouts per nine innings record at 10.93 in 2007.
In February 8, 2008, he was traded to the Seattle Mariners.
On February 17, 2014, he signed a minor league contract with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare