NORWALK, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Norwalk’s Christopher Schreiner!
Christopher Schreiner, who has owned a home in Norwalk, turns 31 on Sunday. The composer/guitarist was born February 16, 1983, in Norwalk, CT.
Schreiner was a child model, perhaps most widely recognized as the kid on the Alpha-Bits cereal box in 1994.
He released his debut album Only Human, in September 2008. The track "Icarus" earned him a spot as one of ten finalists for Guitar Player Magazine’s Guitar Superstar Competition in 2008 at the Great American Music Hall.
In 2011 he joined the rock band Madison Rising and the band released their self-titled album, led by Navy veternal Dave Bray.
He was nominated to Los Angeles Music Awards: Instrumental Artist of the Year in 2009 and 2010. He was also a finalist to Guitar Player Magazine Guitar Superstar Competition in 2008 and Urban Music Award: America’s Next Urban Superstar in 2009.
He was described by the Wall Street Journal as “spacey, quietly flashy and intense”. Perfect Porridge called him “the epitome of a Berklee trained guitarist.
Guitar International said that “Schreiner’s guitar work blends together modern rock-fusion elements with bluesy, jazz based harmonies and melodic material.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Police: Norwalk Pair Bring Pepper Spray, Bleach To Battle Over Wallet
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Retired Norwalk Hospital Cardiology Chief Explains Dangers Of AF
- 5 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage