NORWALK, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Norwalk’s Bob Grumman!
Bob Grumman, who has owned a home in Norwalk, turns 74 on Monday. The mathematical poet was born Feb. 2, 1941, in Norwalk.
He served in the U.S. Air Force from 1960 to 1964. His first book, Poemns was published in 1966 and also published several books of visual poetry before moving on to mathematical poetry. He describes mathematical poetry as "poetry that does mathematics, rather than merely discusses mathematics.
From 1971 to 1976 he worked at Datagraphic Computer Services in North Hollywood, beginning as a delivery boy and later as a computer operator.
He was a columnist for Factsheet Five from 1987 to 1992, and has written a regular column for Small Press Review since 1993. He has been a participant in international mail art since 1985.
His work is represented in a number of museums and archives devoted to concrete and visual poetry. Considerations of his work have appeared in Meat Epoch, Factsheet Five, Taproot Reviews and elsewhere.
He worked as a substitute teacher for 14 years starting in late 1994, mainly at Charlotte High School and is now retired.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 4 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital