DARIEN, Conn. - Employees in the Asian-Pacific American Forum at GE Asset Management hosted a rice drive to benefit the Emergency Food Pantry at Darien's Person to Person charity.
This year, the APAF team delivered 150 pounds of rice plus $600 in cash. With a cash match from GE, Person to Person will be able to purchase more than 2,800 pounds of rice. That 3,000 pounds of rice is enough to stock the Norwalk and Darien Emergency Food Pantries for nearly a year.
The GE Asset Management employees have been holding the rice drive for several years.
For more information, please visit the Person to Person website.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Muse Paintbar Adds Unique Alternative To Norwalk Nightlife
- 4 Madelene Lovullo Horgan, 56, Of Norwalk, Senior VP, The Nine West Company
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street