DARIEN, Conn. - Employees in the Asian-Pacific American Forum at GE Asset Management hosted a rice drive to benefit the Emergency Food Pantry at Darien's Person to Person charity.
This year, the APAF team delivered 150 pounds of rice plus $600 in cash. With a cash match from GE, Person to Person will be able to purchase more than 2,800 pounds of rice. That 3,000 pounds of rice is enough to stock the Norwalk and Darien Emergency Food Pantries for nearly a year.
The GE Asset Management employees have been holding the rice drive for several years.
For more information, please visit the Person to Person website.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk