DARIEN, Conn. - Employees in the Asian-Pacific American Forum at GE Asset Management hosted a rice drive to benefit the Emergency Food Pantry at Darien's Person to Person charity.
This year, the APAF team delivered 150 pounds of rice plus $600 in cash. With a cash match from GE, Person to Person will be able to purchase more than 2,800 pounds of rice. That 3,000 pounds of rice is enough to stock the Norwalk and Darien Emergency Food Pantries for nearly a year.
The GE Asset Management employees have been holding the rice drive for several years.
For more information, please visit the Person to Person website.
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow