DARIEN, Conn. - Employees in the Asian-Pacific American Forum at GE Asset Management hosted a rice drive to benefit the Emergency Food Pantry at Darien's Person to Person charity.
This year, the APAF team delivered 150 pounds of rice plus $600 in cash. With a cash match from GE, Person to Person will be able to purchase more than 2,800 pounds of rice. That 3,000 pounds of rice is enough to stock the Norwalk and Darien Emergency Food Pantries for nearly a year.
The GE Asset Management employees have been holding the rice drive for several years.
For more information, please visit the Person to Person website.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Driver Charged With Killing Pedestrian In Hit-And-Run Crash In Norwalk