DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien's John Bailey has been appointed to the board of directors at the Norwalk-based Fairfield County Community Foundation.
Bailey is the founder and portfolio manager of Spruce Private Investors, which offers funds across all hedge fund and private investment strategies and manages endowment-style portfolios as an outsourced chief investment officer for wealthy families, foundations and endowments.
"The Fairfield County Community Foundation promotes the growth of community and regional philanthropy to improve the quality of life throughout Fairfield County," a press release said. "Individuals, families, corporations and organizations can establish charitable funds or contribute to existing funds. The Foundation also provides philanthropic advisory services, and develops and leads initiatives to tackle critical community issues. The foundation has awarded $168 million in grants to nonprofits in Fairfield County and beyond."
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk