DARIEN, Conn. -- Darien's John Bailey has been appointed to the board of directors at the Norwalk-based Fairfield County Community Foundation.
Bailey is the founder and portfolio manager of Spruce Private Investors, which offers funds across all hedge fund and private investment strategies and manages endowment-style portfolios as an outsourced chief investment officer for wealthy families, foundations and endowments.
"The Fairfield County Community Foundation promotes the growth of community and regional philanthropy to improve the quality of life throughout Fairfield County," a press release said. "Individuals, families, corporations and organizations can establish charitable funds or contribute to existing funds. The Foundation also provides philanthropic advisory services, and develops and leads initiatives to tackle critical community issues. The foundation has awarded $168 million in grants to nonprofits in Fairfield County and beyond."
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest
- 4 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of Norwalk Man On The Job
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News