NORWALK, Conn. - Showcasing a special selection of classical, Broadway, gypsy, tango and jazz pieces, acclaimed international concert violinist David Podles will perform at the Norwalk Public Library on Saturday, April 26, at 3 p.m. in the Main Library Reading Room.
Podles of Riga, Latvia, is laureate of three prestigious international competitions and received a doctorate in violin from the Conservatory in Riga.
He performed in symphony, chamber, opera and ballet theater orchestras both solo, in orchestra and on tour across Russia, including Bolshoi and Kirov and throughout Europe and the U.S. Upon his arrival in the U.S., Podles performed at Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall and 92nd Y both solo, and in orchestra. Most recently he performed at Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center.
For additional information on Library events or to register, visit www.norwalkpubliclibrary.org or contact Cynde Bloom Lahey, Library Programming Specialist, at 203-899-2780, ext. 15133, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norwalk Woman Charged With Embezzling From Darien Doctor's Office
- 2 National Weather Service: Norwalk's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Tore Off Part Of Ear While On Drugs
- 5 Norwalk Schools Receive $1.1 Million Grant For Common Core