STAMFORD, Conn. -- Auditions for "Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of The Suicide Club" will be held at Curtain Call in Stamford on Monday, Aug. 18, and Tuesday, Aug. 19.
The auditions will be at The Sterling Farms Complex, 1349 Newfield Ave., from 7 to 10 p.m.
Performances will take place there in The Dressing Room Theatre from Oct. 23 through Nov. 15. This production will be directed by Richard Mancini of Stratford.
Besides Holmes, and of course, his famous sidekick, Dr. John Watson, these are many roles to be filled:
- Sherlock Holmes: The famous English detective who is sharp & deliberate. Male. Late 30s thru 50s
- Dr. Watson: Man Friday to Sherlock Holmes. Slow to catch on albeit fiercely loyal. Male. Late 40s/50s.
- Prince Nikita Starloff: A young Russian prince. Handsome & regal. Male. Late 20s/30s.
- Christianne De Labegassier: Young French beauty & love interest to the prince. Female. Late 20s/30s.
- Club Secretary: Secretary of The Suicide Club. Charismatic, sauve & sexy. Female. Late 20s/30s.
- Mr. Williams: Member of the Suicide Club. Talkative fellow who can come across almost comical. Male. Late 20s/30s.
- Mr Richards: Member of the Suicide Club. Well groomed English gentleman. Male. Late 40s/50s.
- Mr. George: Member of the Suicide Club. Tall & imposing German. Male. 40s/50s.
- Mr. Henry: Member of the Suicide Club. Frail old man in a wheel chair. Male. Late 60s/70s.
- Mycroft Holmes: Elder brother of Sherlock Holmes & part of British intelligence. Very English. Male. Late 40s/50s.
- Inspector Micklewhite: An English inspector. Male. 20's/30's.
- Mrs Hudson: Landlady of Sherlock's residence. Motherly figure who complains quite a bit. Female. Late 50's/60's.
- Lucy O'Malley: A London streetwalker. Shabby with a medium frame. Female. Late 30's/40's.
- Roundy: A pharmacist. Unassuming and naive. Male/Female. Any age.
- Old Lady: A witness at a crime scene. Pretentious & a bit of a hag. Female 60's/70s.
- AC Crosse: A murder victim. No lines. Male. Any age.
- Magician's Assistant: A beautiful assistant to a magician. Classic getup; no lines. Female. 20's.
More information is available at www.curtaincallinc.com or by calling 203-329-8207. Curtain Call is the nonprofit community-based theatre company in residence at The Sterling Farms Theatre Complex, 1349 Newfield Ave., Stamford.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard