NORWALK, Conn. -- Asian food enthusiasts have yet another excuse to dine out now that Shanghai Asian Bistro has opened in South Norwalk. It's on the historic district’s “restaurant row,” and will appeal to lovers of Thai, sushi and traditional Chinese food.
Run by husband and wife team, John Jiang and Sophia Lin, Shanghai Asian Bistro is the fourth in their string of Asian restaurants, including Shanghai Gourmet in Westport, a take-out operation and popular Post Road hallmark for the last dozen years.
Shanghai Asian Bistro offers sushi and sake bars, and happy hours are offered Monday through Wednesdays, from 3 to 6 p.m. They include half-price specials on sushi and hand rolls and $4 beers.
Some sushi favorites include black tuna tacos, as well as yellowtail with jalapeño. Hand rolls feature intriguing names such as “Kamikaze,” “Angry Dragon” and “Pink Lady.” Traditional favorites such as General Tso’s Chicken, Mongolian beef and ginger duck are also on the menu, and sushi and sashimi entrees are available as well.
“My wife and I seek to accommodate a diverse customer base. We’re happy to serve the Norwalk community and beyond with our extended hours,” said Jiang.
The Bistro is within walking distance from the Maritime Aquarium and the movie theaters.
Shanghai Asian Bistro is located at 124 Washington Street in South Norwalk.
Click here for more details.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park