FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Sure, you're looking forward to the big game on Sunday when the New England Patriots clash with the Atlanta Falcons, but no doubt you're also looking forward to digging into some favorite snacks.
And that means chicken wings, the unofficial staple of Super Bowl Sunday. According to the National Chicken Council (NCC), Americans will consume close to 1.33 billion drumettes and flats.
That figure -- enough to circle the earth nearly three times -- is up 2 percent, or 30 million wings, from 2016's report – and up 6.5 percent, or 80 million wings, from 2015's report – revealing a steadily growing love for America's favorite Super Bowl menu item.
Which begs the question: Where will you go for wings to eat-in or take-out? (Another fun stat: NCC estimates that of the wings eaten during Super Bowl weekend, 75 percent will come from restaurants or foodservice outlets and 25 percent from grocery stores.)
A sampling of popular spots follows; feel free to add your own in our comments section or on Facebook.
- Archie Moore's Bar & Restaurant, Fairfield: Decisions, decisions. Will it be Thai chili peach chipotle, garlic parmigiana, raspberry bourbon, General Tso, barbecue or honey barbecue? If you're more of a purist, classic Buffalo is also available. Wing It: 48 Sanford St., (203) 256-9295.
- BarBQ, Stamford: The chicken wings are smoked, then finished on the char broiler for a bold flavor you'll soon find yourself addicted to. The eatery also serves up turkey wings. Wing It: 15 Clark St., (203) 316-0278.
- B.J. Ryan's, Norwalk: Wings rank among the popular starters here where classic Buffalo reigns supreme. For special occasions, you'll also find ranch BLT wings as well as sweet Thai chili and cilantro. Wing It : 57 Main St., (203) 866-7926.
- BJ Ryan's Banc House, Norwalk: Crispy oversized buffalo wings are tossed in the eatery's special Buffa-Blue sauce and served with celery. They also offer house BBQ wings dry rubbed and smoked in their wood smoker. Wing It :16 River St., (203) 853-7926.
- Bogey's Grille & Tap Room, Norwalk: Yes, we know they have great burgers - they were a 2016 DVlicious "Best Burger in Fairfield County" winner -- but they also have stellar wings, in dry-rub, classic Buffalo or Pineapple Habanero. Wing It: 2 Wilton Ave., (203) 957-8686.
- Bobby Valentine's Sports Gallery Cafe, Stamford: Wings come bone-in or bone-out at Bobby V's where options include traditional Buffalo, Hellfire, Sweet Thai Chili, Sesame Garlic, Teriyaki, Honey BBQ, and Firey BBQ. Wing It: 225 Main St., (203) 348-0010.
- Crave, Fairfield: Fill your chicken wing craving with Crave's hot or mild, naked, Thai chili or charred varieties. Wing It : 52 Sanford St., (203) 292-8080.
- Hoodoo Brown BBQ, Ridgefield: Award-winning wings -- smoked -- and in a choice of sauces: Spicy Buffalo, BBQ, Citrus Bourbon Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan and Cajun' Cajun' will have you hooked -- and no doubt reaching for another beer. Wing It: 967 Ethan Allen Hwy., (203) 438-6033.
- Killer B, Norwalk: Bacon is a biggie here and that extends to the restaurant's wings. On the menu: Truffle Parmesan Bacon. Other choices include Bourbon BBQ, Buffalo, and Honey Sriracha. Wing It: 80 Washington St., (203) 853-2326.
- Judy's Bar & Kitchen, Stamford: Go for some "char" with Judy's smoked wings in naked, BBQ or Buffalo. Wing It: 927 High Ridge Rd., (203) 890-9996.
- Joe's Pizza, New Canaan: Sure the pizza's good but folks are just as passionate about the wings, which come in Tangy Orange, Honey Mustard Glazed, Sesame Garlic, Smokey BBQ, Sweet & Sour, traditional Buffalo, Joe's "House Hot" and Wasabi Firecracker. Wing It: 23 Locust Ave., (203) 966-2226.
- Johnny Utah's, Norwalk: This vibrant, Western-themed haven serves up wings in Mild Buffalo, Hot Buffalo, Really Hot Buffalo, Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, and Sriracha BBQ. Wing It: 80 Washington St., (203) 299-0711.
- Lumberyard Pub & Sports Bar, Redding: There are 20 different sauces at this popular sports pub -- a 2016 DVlicious "Best Sports Bar" winner -- including Timber (chili, lime and tequila), Zxman (dry rub, Cajun jerk) and Old #7 (Jack Daniels with house bbq). Wing It: 2 Main St., (203) 544-7287.
- Porky's Cafe, Shelton: Thai, barbecue, and Buffalo are forever popular at this Shelton spot. Wing It: 50 Center St., (203) 924-4869.
- Tavern on 7, Norwalk: Nine HDTV's are one reason to come here on Super Bowl Sunday. Another: the wings which come in four different sauces: BBQ Sauce, Thai Chili Sauce, Honey Teriyaki or classic in mild, medium or inferno. You can also opt for boneless. Wing It: 611 Main Ave., (203) 642-3791.
- Tigers' Den Sports Bar and Grill, Ridgefield: Choose from mild/medium/hot/XXX hot/atomic in flavors such as BBQ, Garlic Parm, Cajun, Thai peanut, Jack Daniels Bourbon, Tiger Hot Sauce, Maple Bacon and more. There are 17 sauces. Choose one sauce per 10 wings or mix and match any together. Wing It: 23 Catoonah St., (203) 431-0200.
- TK's American Cafe, Danbury: Talk about hot. TK's boasts 67 flavors of wings ranging from No Spice (Honeyaki with honey and teriyaki) to Hot complete with extra hot cayenne or Really Hot with tabasco. Add to that 50 flavors of beer and 30 HD flat screen TVs and you're in Super Bowl heaven. Wing It: 255 White St., ( 20 3) 730-1776.
- Vinny's Backyard, Stamford: Dive into one (or more) of Vinny's seven flavors: Buffalo, BBQ, Chipotle, Sweet and Sour, Garlic Parmesan, Sweet Thai Chili and General Tso. The eatery was a 2016 DVlicious "Best Wings In Fairfield County" winner. Wing It: 1078 Hope St., (203) 461-9003.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.