NORWALK, Conn. -- The Lightfoot Running Club and the Norwalk Recreation and Parks Department will host a 5-mile road race Saturday, July 12, at 8 a.m.
The race will begin and end at Cranbury Elementary School at 10 Knowalot Lane in Norwalk. This race will be the second in a series of races featured as part of the 37th Annual Lightfoot Summer Road Racing Series. The first was a 3-mile race in June.
The series also includes 7-, 9-, and 11-mile races that start and end at different venues throughout Norwalk. All Lightfoot races provide both competitive and recreational runners the chance to compete while enjoying scenic routes throughout the city.
In September, the Lightfoot Running Club also will host the Sam Elpern Memorial Half Marathon, a 13.1 mile race. While not part of the summer series, this Lightfoot-sponsored Half is just as much a staple of the annual Norwalk road race schedule.
All Lightfoot races — including the half marathon— begin at 8 a.m. Water stops and post-race refreshments — including free ice cream and ice pops — are available to all participants. Per USA Track & Field rules, no headphones will be permitted on the race course.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Fighting Officer During Drug Arrest
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Police: Norwalk Man Smashed Hospital Door While Drunk
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 5 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island