NORWALK, Conn. -- Home Care Assistance has partnered with Norwalk Senior Center to provide a program designed to enhance brain health.
“We’ve enjoyed working with the Norwalk Senior Center throughout 2015 with this program and look forward to expanding the Mind Fit Series in 2016 to be even better,” said Larry Gilmore, at Norwalk-based Home Care Assistance.
“Feedback from series attendees has been overwhelming positive with individuals reporting that they not only thoroughly enjoyed doing the activities but also felt the activities positively challenged their minds.”
The six-part Mind Fit Series: Activities to Boost Brain Health cognitive functioning enhancement through proactive methods, including activities from its Cognitive Therapeutics Method.
The series launched Feb. 1. Subsequent sessions will take place every Monday from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Norwalk Senior Center.
Mind Fit is open and free to all community residents.
The following sessions remain:
- Feb. 8 : Family Feud, Pictionary, Advice Column
- Feb. 15: Trivia, Name that Tune, Logo Identification, Geographical Recall
- Feb. 22: Writing, Scrambled Sentences, Word Bingo, Alphabet Soup
- Feb. 29: Take Away, Letter Counting, Design Recreation
- March 7: Magnify, Entangled Figures, Visual Puzzles
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.