FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Norwalk’s Joyce Quinlan led a team of 22 cancer survivors on 25-mile bike ride Saturday as part of a training program for the upcoming Connecticut Challenge.
Quinlan, a nurse at Norwalk Hospital and breast cancer survivor, is also a spinning instructor for the Connecticut Challenge. She is the captain for the team that will ride in the Challenge on July 26. Proceeds from the ride benefit the Southport-based Connecticut Challenge, which supports and develops cancer survivorship programs.
The team name for Quinlan’s riders is “Little Square.” Readers can support Quinlan by making a donation through her online fundraising page.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Rilling Quietly Gets Married