FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Norwalk’s Joyce Quinlan led a team of 22 cancer survivors on 25-mile bike ride Saturday as part of a training program for the upcoming Connecticut Challenge.
Quinlan, a nurse at Norwalk Hospital and breast cancer survivor, is also a spinning instructor for the Connecticut Challenge. She is the captain for the team that will ride in the Challenge on July 26. Proceeds from the ride benefit the Southport-based Connecticut Challenge, which supports and develops cancer survivorship programs.
The team name for Quinlan’s riders is “Little Square.” Readers can support Quinlan by making a donation through her online fundraising page.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued