FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Norwalk’s Joyce Quinlan led a team of 22 cancer survivors on 25-mile bike ride Saturday as part of a training program for the upcoming Connecticut Challenge.
Quinlan, a nurse at Norwalk Hospital and breast cancer survivor, is also a spinning instructor for the Connecticut Challenge. She is the captain for the team that will ride in the Challenge on July 26. Proceeds from the ride benefit the Southport-based Connecticut Challenge, which supports and develops cancer survivorship programs.
The team name for Quinlan’s riders is “Little Square.” Readers can support Quinlan by making a donation through her online fundraising page.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk