FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Many of Fairfield County's art museums, history museums and other tourist attractions will offer special incentives and exhibits -- and in some cases, free admission -- on Saturday as part of Connecticut's ninth annual Open House Day.
Below is a list of Fairfield County attractions that are offering deals for Open House Day on June 8.
- Gallery at Still River Editions, Danbury: From noon until 5 p.m. is the opening reception for Nearly Forgotten, an exhibit of photographs by Catherine Vanaria of hats from the Danbury Museum & Historical Society’s collection. At 3 p.m., there will an artist talk and presentation. Light refreshments served.
- YMCA ESCAPE to the Arts, Danbury: From noon until 4 p.m., view the exhibition Destination Connecticut (June 10-July 19), showcasing a variety of works depicting destinations landmarks and imagery in Connecticut. Artists will also be demonstrating their skills and children can make a craft.
- Fairfield Museum and History Center, Fairfield: Free admission from noon until 4 p.m.
- Ogden House, Fairfield: Free admission from noon until 4 p.m.
- Sweet & Simple, Fairfield: From 8 a.m. until 2 p.m., offering free samples of the newest product from The Farmer’s Cow, The Farmer’s Cow Ice Cream Cooke Sandwiches, featuring cookies baked with live by Sweet & Simple. Also offering complimentary cookies.
- Bellarmine Museum of Art, Fairfield University, Fairfield: Free family day activities from 1 until 4 p.m. Museum will be open from noon until 5 p.m.
- Bush-Holley Historic Site, Cos Cob, Greenwich: Buy one admission, get the second for free, from noon until 4 p.m.
- Bruce Museum, Greenwich: Free admission from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- The Glass House, New Canaan: Visitors will receive a complimentary hard cover coffee table book “Modern Views.” Experience the iconic Glass House site by walking through the 47-acre curated landscape. View the 14 architectural structures and world-class art and design collection, and explore the interiors of Philip Johnson’s house. Tours are two hours and leave at 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., noon, and 1:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required.
- Center for Contemporary Printmaking, Norwalk: Open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., offering complimentary soft drinks.
- Gallaher Mansion & Carriage House Theater, Norwalk: From noon until 4 p.m., free tours of the mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, with complimentary refreshments. Guests may enter to win free tickets to a Carriage House Theater show.
- Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum, Norwalk: Offering half-price admission from noon until 4 p.m.
- Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, Ridgefield: Free admission from noon until 5 p.m. Activities include opening of Legacy: Photographs from the Emily Fisher Landau Collection, docent-led tours, and lunch provided from one of the finest food trucks.
Keeler Tavern Museum, Ridgefield: Open from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. offering a special two for one discount.
Site of the Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route.
Suzanne Benton Studio & Art Showcase, Ridgefield: Open artist studio from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m., showing a slide show: My Life with Masks and providing complimentary invitation cards and one catalog.
Academy Hall Museum, Ridgefield: Free admission from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Stamford Museum & Nature Center, Stamford: Free admission for the first 100 visitors from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Westport Historical Society, Westport: Open from noon until 4 p.m., offering 10 percent discount on items in the gift shop.
River Road Gallery, Wilton: Open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., with art show opening Build, a photography exhibit featuring the work of select students from the Family & Children’s Agency. Complimentary refreshments available.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.