NORWALK, Conn. -- Parents looking for a unique summer enrichment course for their aspiring chefs will want to checkout Norwalk Community College's “College for Kids” cooking courses for youth entering grades 5 to 8, taught by seasoned chefs.
The hands-on courses offer students the opportunity to gain culinary skills in a state-of-the-art kitchen facility. Cooking courses for youth entering grades 5 and 6 will take place from July 18 to 21. The courses offered include:
- Breakfast & Brunch Foods -- 9 a.m. to Noon
- Around the World Cooking -- 1 to 4 p.m.
Teens who are entering grades 7 and 8 may take one or all of the four session courses in the series as each week a different theme will be presented.
The courses include:
- International Cooking -- July 5 to 8 -- 1 to 4 p.m.
- Baking 101: Breads, Cakes, Entrees & More -- July 7 to 14 -- 9 a.m. to Noon
- Soup and Sandwiches -- July 25 to 28 -- 1 to 4 p.m.
- Food Presentation and Garnishing -- August 1 to 4 -- 9 a.m. to Noon.
Tuition is $250 per course. Registration takes place throughout the summer, but early registration is encouraged, as courses fill quickly. Visit http://norwalk.edu to view the Summer 2016 College for Kids schedule. For more information, call (203) 957-7080 or contact Midge King at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.