Just because the snow hasnt fallen measurably this winter, does not mean that it wont. New England weather is nothing if not unpredictable.
Here are winter driving tips from AAA New England to help keep you safe if the roads turn icy.
- Check and maintain proper tire pressure;
- Test coolant to ensure cold-weather protection;
- Check brake lights and all other bulbs;
- Maintain emergency kit make sure it is complete with essentials (including bottled water, extra phone charger; blanket and non-perishables);
- Drive defensively: keep eyes on the road ahead;
- Install winter (heavy duty) wiper blades;
- Increase following distance in order to compensate for possibly compromised traction;
- Accelerate and brake more slowly, and always watch for ice.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.