If your house feels like an oven, here are some simple tips to help you keep cool.
* Keep the hot air outside. Close your windows during the day, and close curtains and blinds to keep out the sun.
* Run the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer at night when it's cooler.
* Avoid using any type of oven. Keep cooking heat outdoors by using your barbeque.
* Don't leave the TV on. It gives off a lot of heat.
* If you have ceiling fans, make sure you've reversed the switch from winter use. In the summer you want the blades to pull the air upwards.
* If you have window air conditioning units, clean your filters frequently for maximum cooling efficiency.
* Make sure to drink extra fluids to keep hydrated.
Do you have any tips to add? Let me know below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.