With all the choices out there for setting your Christmas table, picking just one can be tricky. How do you set your table for this family holiday? Do you bring out Grandmas heirloom lace tablecloth or have you created your own special look? If youre stuck for ideas, here are some tips to get your creative juices flowing.
* First, pick a color scheme. Red, white and green shout Christmas, but theres no set rule that says you have to go that route. Especially if your china is blue.
* If you dont have a good tablecloth, this would be a good time to invest in one. White is always a classic option, and youll use it on other occasions. Measure your table and add at least 12 inches to the length and width so it hangs over the edges.
* Layer pieces on your table. Find a colorful plate charger that contrasts with both your dinnerware and your tablecloth.
* Cloth napkins can be dressed up with colorful napkin rings. Place them diagonally across the plate.
* The Christmas table is all about sparkles and festivity. Sprinkle glittery sequins on your tablecloth, or thread tinsel and silver ribbons around votive candles. And make sure you polish your silver.
* Leave room for flowers and greenery. If you have a round table, a single arrangement in the center always looks good. Otherwise set small vases along the center.
Id love to hear about your plans for your Christmas table. Even better, why dont you send me photos? Heres my email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.