NORWALK, Conn. -- Get happy -- with a Happy Hour deal near you.
The Norwalk-based Instagram account @HappyHappyHour has all the information you need to find the perfect after-hours retreat.
"Happy hour is often under the radar," explained Kasia (last name withheld due to privacy reasons), the woman behind the social media. "With my posts, I give information on the days and times and what deals to expect along with some mouthwatering photos.
"My mantra for what makes a good happy hour is the same one I have for life: 'Keep it simple and be generous.'"
Here are five of her current favs:
- Tablao, South Norwalk: "There are many great happy hours in Sono but I'm currently crushing on Tablao because of their super cozy ivibe and generous happy hour offerings. Their tapas menu is inventive and 50 percent off during Happy Hour. It's a great place to hang with a friend, get a pitcher of sangria and chat while you work your way through the menu and watch people passing by outside."
- The Whelk, Westport: "While Whelk's happy hour menu might not be as sizable as some of my other favorites, it's the quality of their offerings and the ambiance that set it apart. Whelk is renowned for their wonderful seafood but their regular menu can get a bit pricey. During happy hour you can sample great dishes such as blackened shrimp (a personal favorite) for $10 or the $5 fried oyster roll. Pair that with a $6 glass of wonderful rosé and sink into the sophisticated New England coast ambiance."
- Brick + Wood, Fairfield: " This modern Italian spot wins my heart on so many levels. First, they have 30 wines on tap and all are $7 during happy hour. Second, their cocktails are super fun and will have you feeling like you're on vacation. Third, their Neapolitan street food (small plates) are divine and rich and are $5 each during Happy Hour. My favorite is the smokey garlic bread, brick oven focaccia topped with smoked and fresh mozzarella, garlic and rosemary."
- Bodega Taco Bar, Darien and Fairfield: "No happy hour listing can be complete without some serious margaritas; hence Bodega. Their 'bodega hour' menu is on a smaller side but the $6 Bodegaritas are always strong and well executed and go wonderfully with the $6 avocado butter and crab crostini. And yes I'm using plural because it's almost impossible to stop after just one."
- Cotto Wine Bar, Stamford: "Cotto embodies my motto of keeping it simple and generous. All drinks are 50 percent off and their tapas are any three for $15. So let's do some quick arithmetic. Let's say you get the rack of lamb, grilled calamari and fried artichokes tapas for $15. Add a glass of Malbec for $5.50 and your tab is $20.50. The same meal would run you $53 on the regular menu. If those savings aren't enough incentive there's also the fact that Cotto prides itself on high-quality ingredients like specialty imported cheeses and combining modern and authentic Roman dishes."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.