FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield is the second-best town in the U.S. for weight loss opportunities, according to The Fiscal Times.
Fairfield ranked No. 2 in the website’s list of “10 Best Cities to Lose Weight.” San Francisco was the only metro area to beat out Fairfield on a list that also included New York, Boston and Philadelphia.
The Fiscal Times based its rankings on each area’s access to health food, its ease of walking to biking to work, its number of fitness centers, its opportunities for outdoor activities and its availability of weight loss programs. Fairfield topped the rankings for number of gyms per capita. It also placed highly because of its shoreline and hiking trails, the article says.
See the full list at The Fiscal Times’ website.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint