NORWALK, Conn. -- Like many industries in the information technology revolution, automotive care has seen substantial changes in the way business is conducted. Norwalk-based Croce's Transmissions Specialists can help automobile owners and those considering a career in the field determine the good, the bad and the ugly in the current landscape.
The Good: Automotive care has become a high tech industry and manufacturers are making changes to improve safety and gas mileage. There are great job and career opportunities for young men and women who have mechanical aptitude and love learning. There is a lot of information available to help remain current and room for advancement for those who keep up with the latest trends.
The Bad: Internet access allows owners to research, but many car owners are more confused than ever. Most do-it-yourself repair technicians lack the proper equipment, tools and advanced training. Automotive repair is not a simple plug in and play industry. There are good resources for customers who want to research. The best approach, however, is work with a business you can trust that has done its homework and has the technical expertise and equipment to properly repair a vehicle the first time.
The Ugly: There is a shortage of technicians. Many young men and women don't see this as a career opportunity. But, there are scholarships available and jobs in the auto repair industry. Many students graduate from a four-year college without a job but significant student loan debt. The automotive industry has opportunities, advancement potential and may be a great fit for many who have never considered it.
Here’s what Croce’s Transmissions is doing to maintain professionalism and integrity in the auto care industry.
- We're educating consumers and our community with clear explanations about car care, maintenance and repair tips. The education comes via blog posts, newsletters and weekly “You Auto Know" automotive tips. Consumers are getting the facts so they can make informed decisions.
- We keep our team current to best service our customers.
- We encourage the next generation by visiting schools and speaking at career nights to give them an idea of the opportunities available.
- We sponsor and share scholarship information.
- We support our community and local charities.
Now is the time to get your vehicle serviced for summer, before the long road trips in hot, steamy and unsettled weather. The staff at Croce Transmissions is ready to help make your summer traveling a safe and smooth ride.
Maryann Croce is the co-owner of Croce's Transmissions Specialists with her husband, Tony. They have been in business in Norwalk since 1999.