FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The Chobani Greek Yogurt products that have been voluntarily recalled were likely sold in Fairfield County and other parts of Connecticut, the state Department of Consumer Protection warned consumers Friday on its website.
Chobani Inc., based in Twin Falls, Idaho, voluntarily recalled its Greek Yogurt products with "best by" dates ranging from Sept. 11 to Oct. 13.
According to information on the Food and Drug Administration website, Chobani has stopped distribution of the product due to reports of product bloating and swelling, and some claims of illness. The company continues its investigation to identify the root cause.
The potentially affected product was distributed nationwide to retail and club stores.
The products subject to recall are identified as follows:
- Chobani 6 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani 16 oz. tubs – all flavors
- Chobani 32 oz. tubs – all flavors
- Chobani 3.5 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani Bite 3.5 oz. cups – all flavors
- Chobani Flip 5.3 oz. containers – all flavors
- Chobani Champions cups 3.5 oz. – all flavors
- Chobani Champions tubes 2.25 oz., 8, 16 and 36 count – all flavors
The Department of Consumer Protection encourages consumers who have purchased the yogurt to return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
Consumers may also contact the company's Customer Loyalty Team at chobani.com/care or call Chobani at 877-847-6181 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.. The company will coordinate replacements or refunds.