FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- With October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, retailers across the state are offering a variety of “think pink” products. Among them:
- Handmade bracelets from Chavez for Charity are one way to support breast cancer. Sold at Mama Jane's Global Boutique in Southport, they range from $10 to $50 with 25 percent of the gross profit donated to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation.
- Get a deal on Kat Burki's signature Tuberose Body Crème. Normally $62, it's $50 for October with a portion going toward The-Rose.org, an organization that believes “Every Woman Deserves Quality Breast Health Care.” The flagship store in Westport is also offering complimentary mini facials every Saturday from noon to 4 pm (appointments necessary) in October.
- Brighten up someone’s day with flowers. At Ruby’s Flower & Gift Shop in Bridgeport, you can order Teleflora’s Pink Grace Bouquet, priced at $54.95, and have 15 percent of that go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Jazz up your reading with pink Peepers (prices range from $14.99 to $21) at Fairfield’s Island Outfitters , where 10 percent of each pair sold benefits Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
- And for those handy women (and men!), check out Matco Tool’s “Tools for the Cause” program, with 15 percent of its pink tools sales going to Susan G. Komen. The 39 piece set is $49.99. Matco Tools is a mobile distributor with several trucks in Fairfield County, including Fairfield and Easton. Call 866-289-8665 or go to the website .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.